The Schar School of Policy and Government Internship Program provides an opportunity for students to gain professional experience and skills that will complement their academic program and enhance their career opportunities. The program also is intended to support area organizations by allowing employers to work with graduate students in an effort to increase recruiting success.
The internship program is open to all degree seeking Schar School Master’s students who have completed a minimum of 9 credits of required coursework with a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA. Students in the MPP and ODKM programs who do not have at least two years of relevant professional experience are required to complete a three-credit internship.
The Schar School Career Services does not place students in internships but is available to assist students with the search process. Additionally, Schar School Handshake contains information on available internships.
- Graduate Internship Program Packet (Spring 2024)
- Graduate Internship Program Packet (Fall 2023)
- International Internship Addendum Packet
- Requesting a waiver of the internship requirement
- PUAD 792 – Advanced Seminar in Applied Public Administration Research Waiver Packet
- Undergraduate Internship Program