Our graduate certificate programs allow students to remain competitive in an increasingly complex global economy by gaining specialized education in their area of interest. Each certificate program includes five courses for a total of 15 credits. Part-time and full-time study is available, and students typically complete the certificate in one to one-and-a-half years.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE APPLICATION DEADLINES
This master's program admits students for both the fall and spring semesters. Applications for spring 2023 are now open!
Priority deadline for spring 2023 admission: November 1
Regular deadline for spring 2023 admission: December 1
CERTIFICATE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for admission to the graduate certificate programs at the Schar School must have a conferred bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited college or university. A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.0 scale) is preferred.
Additional applicant requirements:
- Graduate application and fee
- 750-1,000-word written statement of your goals and interest in the program
- Unofficial transcripts from all previous institutions attended in the U.S. For international institutions, transcripts may be unofficial but should include cumulative transcripts, degree certificate, individual semester marksheets (if applicable), and diploma (if applicable).
- Additional requirements for applicants with international credentials. Visit the International Applicant Requirements page for more information.
OUR GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
- Emergency Management and Homeland Security
- Global Economic Policy
- Global Health and Security
- Illicit Trade Analysis
- National Security and Public Policy
- Nonprofit Management
- Public Management
- Science, Technology, and Security
- Strategic Trade
- Terrorism and Homeland Security
Contact the Schar School Office of Graduate Admissions via email at email@example.com or phone at (703) 993-8099. If you are interested in a graduate certificate program, be sure to complete our Request More Information form to be informed of admissions events, application tips, and more.